Authors and Publishers

Dear author's and publishers. I would love to review and/or display your books on this blog. For more information visit my Policies/Contact page.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Movie Review: The Green Lantern

Rated: PG-13
1hr 45min.
Action/adventure/science fiction/fantasy
Ryan Reynolds, Blake Lively
★☆☆☆☆
Peter Sarsgaard 
The Green Lantern defiantly fell short of everyone’s expectations…including my own. It was what it was. It wasn’t great, but it was that bad. I thought it started off a bit slow. A full half an hour or so went by before Hal (Ryan Reynolds) even encountered anything relating to the Green Lantern Core. That to me was a bit waste of time. Then when he did encounter the dying purple alien he didn’t react like a normal person.
Yes, I know that the Lantern picks people who show no fear blah, blah, blah, but it’s not really fear that I was looking for, just a little freaked out that a ball of green energy picked him up and dropped him off next to a dying purple alien in his spaceship that chose him to be something he has no idea about.
The details are a bit sketchy for me. I felt like the story went slow, then kinda sped up. It was bad writing, no offence to the writers. I love movies with these types of stories, but hate when they are delivered in this way. The actors were great, and Ryan was hot as ever, but not worth the money.
Great graphics and great actors, but not a great movie.

1 comment:

  1. The whole Green Lantern mythology is lame. The Hal Jordan character is annoying, and the CONCEPT of green lantern is only kinda neat. Not even in the comic books is it worth a damn.

    ReplyDelete