Authors and Publishers

Dear author's and publishers. I would love to review and/or display your books on this blog. For more information visit my Policies/Contact page.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Book Review: Looking After Lily

Cindy Bonner
★★★★☆
Reading Level:  Young Adult
Paperback: 320 pages

Publisher:Signet; Reprint edition (June 1, 1995)

I can’t say that I loved this novel. Sometimes, sequels are pretty amazing, like the Toy Story movies, better every time. This was not one of those toppers. I did enjoy this novel, just not as much as the first book, Lily. Still, it keeps you reading. For me, it was really just hoping to hear more about Lily or Marion. Honestly, I really didn’t care much about Haywood.
This story follows Haywood, one of Marion’s older brothers. It takes place after Marion gets sentenced to jail, while is pregnant wife, Lily, is under the watch of Haywood, who falls in love with Lily and whom we rarely hear of throughout the book.
I really wished that Cindy Bonner would writer a book about Lily, Marion, and Haywood. That would have been more interesting. Still the cover art is amazing. It tells us part of the story.
Cindy is still an amazing writer and it kept me reading to the last page. The characters are real and believable that it was if they sat next to me telling me their stories.
Still a great read!

No comments:

Post a Comment