Authors and Publishers

Dear author's and publishers. I would love to review and/or display your books on this blog. For more information visit my Policies/Contact page.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Book Review: Undone

Brooke Taylor
★★★★★


Reading level: Young Adult
Paperback: 320 pages
Publisher:Walker Children’s ( 2008)
I actually stumbled onto this book by mistake. After art class one Wednesday, I walked to the library to wait for my mom to pick me up. I was already reading like 10 books at once at this time, but I went browsing around anyway.
While browsing through a pile of books I found Undone. The copy looked new-ish, as if it was barely opened. Now, I usually don’t like covers with people’s faces on them, but I just LOVED this cover!!! I know you’re not supposed to judge a book by it’s cover, but that’s exactly what I did. I read the summary and I knew I just had to read it.
Brooke Taylor brings strong characters to the frontlines. Serena is a sophomore in high school and self-described closet gaming geek. She is saved from social exile when she forms a friendship with Kori, a rebel and the class slut. I won’t being giving anything away when I say this: when Kori dies, Serena puts her own identity aside and “finishes” Kori’s undone list.
What makes this book truly unique and thrilling is the numerous plotlines that intertwine to create an underlying mystery that unfolds to become Serena's self-actualization. Fast pace, it keeps you on your toes until the very end. It gets right to the point and keeps you entertained all the way through. I could not put down this book!
The girls do experiment with drugs, drinking, etc. basically what most teenagers do, but it does not endorse that teens should do it. This might be a complaint for some people, but it made the story that much closer to relating to teenagers.
A must read!

No comments:

Post a Comment