Authors and Publishers

Dear author's and publishers. I would love to review and/or display your books on this blog. For more information visit my Policies/Contact page.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Book Review: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

F. Scott Fitzgerald
★★★☆☆
Reading level: --
Paperback: 52 pages
Publisher:P.F. Collier & Sons co.

I’m not a huge fan of short stories, but I kinda liked this one. It was a cute story of a man who aged backwards. I’ve never seen the movie, but I heard it’s REALLY long. This book took me less than an hour to read. It’s not super detailed, but just gives you a brief glimpse of the story, then moves on to a different part of Benjamin’s life. Fast pace, it goes through the points of the story quickly, but honestly, I wished it had a little more to it.
The cover it really amazing, and truthfully it was the only reason I picked it up to begin with. It’s really cool with all the different kind of circles and what looks like fairy dust.
I didn’t like that Benjamin was so mean to his wife as he got younger and she got older. Or that as he got younger, his son basically disrespected him.
Although a great concept to a story, it just felt unreal. I couldn’t see any of it really happening. It just went through the motions of a fiction story, nothing more to it. Nothing about it made me want to jump into the world and live there- and to when, when that happens, that’s a great story.
Yes, I know it’s an old book- different styles, like different types of art works- I get it, but seriously? Couldn’t it have just a little more spice. Cute story to read while waiting to get your teeth drilled by a dentist maybe, but not something to take on a trip.
I like reading the books before I see the movie, but after reading the book, I really can’t see why I would want to see it. I mean, how much can one person be inspired to make a three-hour long movie out of. Ok, a person can get a lot of inspiration, but still, not the point!
Great for a quick read, but not satisfying as watching Brad Pitt.

No comments:

Post a Comment