Authors and Publishers

Dear author's and publishers. I would love to review and/or display your books on this blog. For more information visit my Policies/Contact page.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Book Review: The Hunger Games Trilogy

Suzanne Collins
★★★★★Reading level: Young Adult
Hardcover: ---
Publisher: Scholastic Press
It's a bit hard to summarize this entire series, so check it out here: http://www.thehungergames.co.uk/about_the_book


This series was a hauntingly delicious tale that I could not put down. YA fiction has found a new crown jewel that must be adorned on gold immediately. I know that practically everyone has read these books, or is just waiting for the movie, but I’ve read all these books a while back now and I must say, if I had to choose my favorite series, it would be this. I absorbed every word of Suzanne Collins. The story was thrilling and adventurous.
The only thing bad about it was Katniss. I found that she was just… detached from people, almost undeveloped, but is also something about her that I liked. She was brave yet still human through the horrors she endured. It was not my usual fantasy high and yet it was still brilliant. The second book -Catching Fire- lagged a bit for me, basically a remake of book one, but still kept me reading. Mockingjay was the greatest conclusion to any serise I have ever read. There are no words to express the emotions I went through in the few short hours it took me to read this marvelous book.
Collins is not afraid to shed some blood. Exciting, thrilling, and just plain brilliant, this is a series you do not want to miss!

No comments:

Post a Comment